Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Never Forgotten

Today I'm back with patriotic inspiration with a small memorial to fallen solders using the Little Fancy Oval Bubble Frame from Globecraft Memories.  This frame is made in memory of Army Sgt. Jeremy E. Depottey from Newberry, Michigan, and our cousin, Army Master Sgt. Anthony R. C. Yost from Flint, Michigan. Fallen Heroes Memorials were erected in their home towns.  This project is a gift to my sister, Lori Miller, who devoted an extraordinary amount of time leading fundraising activities for Sgt. Depottey's memorial.


Globecraft Products used in this project
Little Fancy Oval Bubble Frame
Scrap Chipboard Piece
Piccolo Enamel Powder - Vintage Copper

Other Products:  Cardstock - United Paper (Authentique), Cardstock - Block Party Jamboree (Bo Bunny), American Flag Sticker (eksuccess), Never Forgotten Sticker and Gold Star Sticker - Americana (K & Company), Wafer Thin Velcro Fasteners

Instructions

The Bubble Frame comes with three oval layers.  I did not use the middle layer - but it will come in handy for another project some day.  Globecraft makes good use of all the chipboard cut and sells scrap pieces by the bag.  These bags generally contain insides of cut frames in various sizes.  So the bottom layer of this project is the inside scrap piece from Classic Rectangle Bubble Frame. I covered the bottom layer with United Paper, the middle layer with Block Party Jamboree, and the top layer with Piccolo Vintage Copper Enamel Powder.


I next constructed the inside to be dimensional.  The picture is a picture of Sgt. Depottey's memorial.  To give the memorial dimension, I printed three copies.  I left one copy untouched (bottom layer), I fussy cut around the entire memorial (middle layer), then I fussy cut around the boots and helmet.  Note:  Before printing my pictures, I edit them in Photoshop and use the cookie cutter oval about 1/8" larger than frame dimensions.  That way I have an idea of how the picture will fit in the frame before printing.

.
I layered the memorial pieces using pop dots.


I added a flag using pop dots.  I constructed the bubble frame using Wafer Thin Velcro Fasteners.  I added a thoughtful sentiment from K & Company - and a small star at the bottom to cover the alignment pin hole. 


You can order Bubble Frames and Vintage Copper Enamel Powder - not to mention all kinds of fun items - from Globecraft Memories - Use Discount Code TS25 to get 25% Off your entire order!  

1 comment: