When I first approached this project, I had ideas...but really wasn't sure how to execute them. And here's my confession...I was having so much fun creating - I FORGOT to take pictures along the way! However, steps are outlined below...and what's more important - I summon you to give this a haunted try!
- Globecraft Memories Halloween Graveyard Haunting Ornament
- Little Fancy Oval Bubble Frame
- Green Cardstock
- Orange Cardstock
- Sizzix Embossing Plate - Flower Rings
- Black Embossing Enamel Powder
- Black Ink
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Silver Glitter (Glitter Ritz used)
- Sheer Black Ribbon
- Cover the middle layer of the Little Fancy Oval Bubble Frame with Green Cardstock. Distress edges with black ink. (Use the rest of the bubble frame for another project!)
- Emboss the Orange Cardstock with Sizzix Embossing Plate (Flower Rings). Distress flowers with black ink.
- Emboss the center layer (design) of the Halloween Graveyard Haunting Ornament with Black Embossing Powder. For a matte look, Copic markers work well! Actually, just about any media works great - try your favorite!
- The ornament frame comes with two bubbles. Paint the back bubble with Black Acrylic Paint. You will need to paint several layers - allowing to dry between layers. Acrylic paint dries quickly, though, so this project can be finished rather quickly.
- Once the back bubble is solidly coated with Black Acrylic Paint, add one more layer. While this layer is still wet, sparingly cover with Silver Glitter for that full-moonlight effect. Allow to dry - shake off any excess glitter before assembling bubble frame.
- Assemble Bubble Frame - Orange Layer on top of Black Embossed Design Layer on top of Green Layer.
- Add Ribbon Bow to the Ornament Hole.
BTW, here's your chance to get 25% off your entire next order from Globecraft Memories/Piccolo Decor! Enter Coupon Code TS25 on your next order for your discount - This discount is only good through Halloween, so be sure to stock up now!