Friday, June 15, 2012

Tea Time!

Good day to all you tea lovers and paper crafters out there! Today I get the opportunity to share the fabulous Tea for Two Bubble Frame from Globecraft Memories with you!! I chose to cover mine with some beautiful designer papers by Echo Park. Here's a step by step on how I accomplish that!


Step 1) Gather supplies : Paper, pen (of a different color than the paper), teapot layers, stamp, scissors.
Step 2) Flip over both the 2nd layer of the teapot and the paper.. so that you see the WRONG sides of each piece. You don't want to mark up the front of the paper that everyone will see, and since you're flipping IT over.. you need your teapot to match :)

Step 3) Trace and cut out your teapot. I use very fine, small bladed, sharp scissors to do my fussy cutting.
Step 4) Glue your paper to the teapot and ink or distress as desired.

Step 5) Continue to do steps 1-4 with the other layers of your teapot, I loved the green of the leaves, so left them uncovered!


To finish the project I stamped a Viva Las Vegastamps! mouse stamp on white cardstock and heat embossed him with a clear gloss. I cut him out and assembled my frame!!


Quick Tip: I didn't want to waste more paper cover a layer that would hardly be seen (The very back of my teapot) so I just colored it with a black marker!


Here be the masterpiece: 

And for some up close shots of the details.. I used a qtip to create a permanent "steam" for my teapot:

 And here I got to play with Globecraft Memories' Piccolo and Embossing Enamel in Vintage Silver!!! :

In this shot you can really see the depth that Globecraft Memories creates with their layered products. The effect in person is just amazing. 

I hope you'll visit the Globecraft Memories site and peruse all the other beautiful frames and products they have to offer! If you decide to place an order they're having a WONDERFUL promotion! Use discount code "TS25" to receive 25% off your entire purchase!!!!

Thanks so much for coming by again today!! -DeeDee

6 comments: